Kokkari (pronounced “Ko-Kar-ee”) is a small fishing village located on the islands of Samos in the Aegean Sea, whose name is derived from the small onions that were once produced in the nearby fields. Its fertile soil and Mediterranean climate translated into an abundance of fresh produce as well as treasured seafood and game. Legend tells that Kokkari is the site where Orion, a mighty hunter and a young man of gigantic stature and great beauty, fell in love with the daughter of the king of Chios. For the love of her, Orion forged the island for wild game and seafood to prepare elaborate banquets in celebration of their love. Today, we hope you will enjoy your own celebration as you dine at Kokkari Estiatorio on food “fit for the Gods” prepared with an Aegean palate and the style of innovative California fare.
Awards The Best of San Francisco By Sara Deseran Thursday, June 1, 2006 7x7 San Francisco Eat and Drink Awards 2008 Friday, February 1, 2008 7x7 San Francisco Best Mediterranean
200 Jackson St.
Financial District, San Francisco, California 94111
- Payment Options: AMEX, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Erik Cosselmon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The semi-private and private dining areas can accommodate groups from six to two hundred. The restaurant is also available for buy-outs.
- Private Party Contact: Caroline Shea (415) 981-0983